GENUINE LEATHER NEEDS CARE
Leather making is one of the oldest crafts in human culture. Invented in the Stone Age and refined over the Egyptian era, leather is still a very popular material today. Due to its durability, naturalness and high quality, we at Buckle & Seam highly value leather as a raw material for our products.
THAT CERTAIN KNOW-HOW
We only use genuine cowhide leather from northern Pakistan. We source our leather from the food industry, which is part of our philosophy of sustainable production
. Our leather is manufactured and processed in Pakistan to avoid unnecessary transport during the production process and thus reduce emissions.
Because we use our leather at its full strength, we create a particularly robust and durable product.
Pakistan a country of endless tradition in handcraft and leather production and leather production, which offers us the opportunity to create a product that will last a lifetime.
WHAT TO DO TO MAKE LEATHER LAST A LIFETIME?
With proper care and storage, leather can last a lifetime and even longer. To ensure that your leather product can also be used by your grandchildren, you should pay attention to the following:
1. Humidity: You should not store your leather product in a place with excessive humidity and should not be stored airtight in a plastic bag. If this is not taken into account, mold can easily form. If you want to protect your bag from dust and dirt during long-term storage, we recommend a cloth bag.
2. Sunlight: Store your bag in a place out of direct sunlight. This can cause the leather to become brittle and dry out.
3. Care: Leather is a natural product and changes due to external influences. For example, it absorbs fats and releases them again, comparable to an oiled wooden kitchen board. We recommend treating the leather regularly with our leather care product to prevent it from drying out and to make it particularly durable.
Discover our products
HOW DO I PROPERLY CARE FOR MY NEW LEATHER BAG?
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU CARE FOR LEATHER?
At what frequency, with what and how do I care for real leather?
How often you should care for the leather depends largely on the external influences your bag is exposed to. If used regularly, we recommend care with our leather care product at least once a year. However, if you notice that the leather is becoming lighter and brittle in some areas, these are signs that the leather is too dry. If you notice this, you should urgently care for the leather.
With proper care, you can decide to a certain extent which color and texture you want. For example, if you prefer dark leather without scratches, then use the leather care product more often.
WHICH LEATHER CARE PRODUCT SHOULD I USE?
For our leather products we recommend our leather care made from carnauba and beeswax. Carnauba is a wax extracted from the carnauba palm and is one of the hardest natural waxes. It has a high melting point and therefore protects your bag from direct sunlight and high temperatures. The mixture of carnauba and beeswax ensures optimal care of your leather products.
FOUR STEPS TO PROPER LEATHER CARE
1. Get a fine-pored and clean sponge or cloth and a suitable care product. We recommend our leather care set, with which you are guaranteed not to go wrong.
2. Clean your bag: To ensure that the leather surface to be cared for is free of dust and dirt, clean your bag with a slightly damp, soft cloth.
3. his step is only for leather care newcomers: If you are not sure how leather care will work on your bag, try applying the wax to an inconspicuous area first. This way you can be sure that you will like the end product. This way you can be sure that you will like the end product.
4. Apply the wax in circular, even movements.
(Don't be surprised, this part of the leather will turn darker than the rest of your product for some time.)
PS: Good things take time. Give the well-maintained bag a little time to work. This will prevent the bag from becoming greasy and causing grease stains to appear on your clothing. We recommend taking a day off for your favorite bag.